Remove a SeeLeaf detection wipe from the package and hold in your hand, covering your fingertips. Wearing gloves is advised.
For best results, break or cut poison ivy/sumac/oak plant stem and touch the wipe to the broken plant stem. Alternatively, rub the leaf aggressively with the wipe.
SeeLeaf detection wipe turns reddish-purple in spots or in streaks in the presence of poison ivy, oak or sumac.
SeeLeaf Instructions 2
|Poison Ivy Stem Contact
|Poison Ivy Rub Leaf Aggressively
|Poison Sumac Pre-exposure
|Poison Sumac Post-exposure
Use SeeLeaf detection wipes to detect poison ivy toxin that may have contaminated garden tools, toys, pets, furniture, etc. The SeeLeaf detection wipes only might detect urushiol toxin if sufficient urushiol has been deposited onto your garden tools, toys, pets, furniture, etc. It is important to note that our allergic immune system is more sensitive to urushiol than the SeeLeaf detection wipes.
Color change is dependent on the of amount poison ivy toxin present.
Discard a SeeLeaf detection wipe that has changed color. It is contaminated. A SeeLeaf detection wipe may be reused until exposed to poison ivy/oak/sumac.
Wash exposed skin, tools, clothing with dishwashing detergent or a commercially available poison ivy cleaner within 30-45 minutes. The SeeLeaf detection wipe can give you the time needed to wash the toxic oil away.
Store unused SeeLeaf detection wipes in original package. It is light sensitive.
Poison ivy is an adaptable and strong plant – it thrives where other plants cannot. Professional removal is advised.